Monday 1 October 2012

Research, better late...

So... it's an XS2 not an XS650... ooops.
WTF, is this a good thing or bad????
Need more Google time.

Find Hugh on line. he seems to be the expert on all thing XS650, and a good guy.
He tells me the early XS's are cooler cause the cams bigger, rods are longer and something else I can't remember. So good thing...

More research confirms Hugh's knowledge.
256 engines are indeed longer roded, bigger wrist pinned and better cammed.

More googling leads me to MikesXS, appears to be a treasure trove of cheap, I mean inexpensive, XS stuff, this"ll be easy.

More time and research and I figure out the 256 engine stuff isn't quite as plentiful as thought and maybe even quite rare. MikesXS won't sell to Canada and the Canadian version of his site has no stock on much that we're going to need. The two Mikes XS sites seem to be in some sort of conflict... F--k!

Ok, so its a bad thing. Maybe I should have done a little research first, should have found a 447 engine, post '74.

So... make a decision, go find an earlier engine or stick with the 256. I really need more data.






No comments:

Post a Comment