Saturday 6 April 2013

Pipes

Anyone got any other ideas on pipes for this thing?
I like some of these. There's that x pipe thing too. (see bottom)









How about this pipe work, there's some extreme dedication. Now that's a well fit pipe.


I've assumed that I'll be buying some 1 3/4" stainless and be building something on my own. It'd be great to find something off the shelf.


And of course, one of the coolest pipes ever. I still remember the first time I ever saw this bike, burned an indelible image on my brain.


A tip of the hat to this one as well. Whats most remarkable about this pipe, is which side of the engine the intakes on.    
That was a lot of welding and rework to get that intake out of there to show off this pipe. Guy's got some skills.






1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh...the Britten. Ahead of its time, a remarkable feat of independent engineering and fabrication. Every self-respecting motorcycle enthusiast should school themselves on the Britten. I mean - they took spools of carbon fibre thread and wove their own sheets, cast their own engine in a pottery kiln - that's ground-up fabrication.

    1st / 3rd look prone to leaving nasty burn marks on the inside of one's thigh. Have always liked the styling of the 2nd pic but from a performance standpoint there might be merit in the X-pipe (and it'd keep the tire warm).

    I vote for DIY - anyone can buy an exhaust.

    ReplyDelete