Friday 5 July 2013

Vinyl

Wow that was a pain in the ass! Have to be stupid patient not to make a big clump of wrinkled up vinyl.

Figured I could shorten bike build time by not painting the glass seat.
Bought myself 90 bucks worth of 3M "faux" carbon. It's a little, ok, a lot tacky to use vinyl, but whatever.

Pretty sure I could have made a real carbon fiber seat section in almost the same amount of time!
Got  a friend, Kevin, who makes sled tunnels and other pieces from the stuff. Once you have a mold, it goes pretty quickly. Could have molded it right on the glass. it would have been slightly bigger but would have been fine. Anyways went with the fake stuff.

Thinking about not painting the tank. I so like the bare steel and dents. Maybe a shot of clear, or just scotchbrite and oil every once in awhile??? Could prime paint the tunnel, bottom and rear mount. Oil the top on occasion, just like a good gun :)

Best guess where to start.

Bit of an art to this. My second one could be so... Oh yeah only ever doing one.



Looks OK, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment