Friday 21 June 2013

No excuses now

So the rear lower frame mount is now moved to allow clearance for the carbs.
The engine ends up rotated about 5 degrees forward, fits nice.

Mount removed

Mount removed

Newly re-located mount
My ugly welding

Top fuel Harley head beside my little 650 head.
Almost done. Valves will go back in this week.

Top fueler barrel, cool stuff Roger gets to play with.


 So no more excuses. The engine is starting to go together finally. We'll get it assembled then back in the frame for pipe fitting and bracket locating. Ended up with SS 1 5/8" diameter pipe material. The 1 3/4" was 16 ga, so I figured I'd rather have the 18 ga in the 1 5/8" diameter. Might help a little with bottom end as well. Still not sure if we are going high pipe or low????



2 comments:

  1. Subscribed, very clean work there!

    Where are you based? I'm looking for a trusty engine builder around NY area, could you give me a lead? Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. West coast off Canada, sorry.

      Maybe one of the readers here knows someone who you can work with.

      Feel free to post here if you can help Leon.

      Delete