Monday 27 May 2013

Needed

Searched the world for a decent 80mm tach with digital speed indicator, surprising how few of these there are.

Next surprise is how much they cost!

Found two candidates. As/usual I seem to be drawn to the most expensive one.

Motogadget

I will use the starter button, as we are kick start only, as the toggle to scroll through the digital data. I will add an oil temp and oil pressure transducer. This is a very nice German gauge. 100% waterproof, vibration tolerant and has everything we need. Price is over $600... ouch. $700+ once we get the transducers.


Second choice. Pretty cool gauge little more than half the price of the Motogadget ($475).
Nice tach with colour changing needle and shift lights, pretty sure you'd never see any of that at WOT.
I was thinking I could hack the LED's and make the green one a neutral indicator, the yellow a signal indicator and swap out the red for a blue and have a high beam signal.


If I'm going to spend $500 on the SPA, might as well spend $700 on the Motogadget.

By the time we get this mounted it'll likely be 1k+ for a gauge... Wow, I am suprised by how much this bike is going to cost. We'll easily be at 15k cost soon, thats without the labour. It still needs a set of Ohlins for the back, thats another $1500 or so.

Go back six months to when I decided to do this... it was going to be a cheap, low cost build. Hah, sucker born every minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment